We believe that the Living God of this universe wants to connect with each of us in a personal relationship. God has revealed Himself through His Word, the Bible, as a loving Heavenly Father, who has created us with a distinct purpose in mind for each of us.
When we respond to connect with Him, we will experience a fulfillment and happiness, which we have never known. However, because we have sought to do our own thing, go our own way, we do not have this relationship.
To make this connection and show us the way, God sent His only Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to die and pay the penalty for all of our sins and mistakes, and to give us the free gift of eternal life.
When we accept this gift, acknowledging where we messed up, God’s Holy Spirit will come to live with-in us forever, and adopt us into His family and Kingdom.
When this relationship happens, we need to connect with God’s local family, the Church. It is in the church with other believers where we live out God’s purposes for us. This includes: To worship Him, fellowship with others, learn to live like Christ, learn to serve others, and share this message.
What is great is there are thousands of other churches that we network with all over the world that believe these same things.
These are some awesome things to believe. The statements below flesh out these beliefs. Also, an even more detailed explanation of what we believe and where in the Bible it is found can be checked out at this link: The Baptist Faith and Message
ABOUT THE BIBLE
- We believe that the entire Bible is the Word of God, divinely inspired; that it contains no errors in the original manuscripts and preserved by God for us; that it is authoritative for this church and each of us for every age.
- We believe that God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three are one God.
- We believe God created the universe by His Power and Word.
- We believe that God is all knowing, all-powerful and ever present.
- We believe Jesus Christ was sent by God the Father into the world to save sinners.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was virgin born, sinless in life and mighty in words and deeds.
- We believe Jesus was both God and man and that he was crucified for our sins, and was bodily raised from the dead. He then ascended to His Father’s side where He is head of the church and intercedes for believers.
- We believe Jesus Christ is coming again personally, visibly and bodily to reign as Lord over His Kingdom forever.
ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
- We believe the Holy Spirit is a person, is God, and has all His divine characteristics.
- He indwells all believers, baptizes, seals and gifts them at the moment of salvation. He fills them in response to confession of sin and surrender to Him.
- We believe that all people were created in the image of God to have fellowship with him, and live out His purpose for their lives.
- But, man became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts.
- We believe that Jesus, through His death on the cross, shed His blood that provided the sole basis for the forgiveness of sins and salvation for all.
- To receive salvation one must repent of sin and trust Jesus Christ alone. The true believer is eternally secure and cannot lose his salvation. He may, however, lose his joy by sinning and bring the loving discipline of the Father upon himself.
- All who have received Christ will at death depart to be with Christ in their spirits and at Christ’s return receive a new body, which will be like His glorious body.
ABOUT THE CHRISTIAN LIFE
- We believe all Christians should live for Christ and not for themselves. By obedience to the Word of God and daily yielding to the Spirit of God, every believer should mature and be conformed to the image of Christ.
- We believe all Christians have been given spiritual gifts, which God uses through us to serve the body and others.
ABOUT THE CHURCH
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The members of the true church are those who have trusted by faith the finished work of Christ.
- We believe the visible expression of the New Testament Church is a local body of baptized believers, who have agreed together to worship Jesus Christ, edify the believers, evangelize the lost and minister to others.
- The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving him and by making him known to the lost world.
- The church has two ordinances: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Baptism is by immersion in water, symbolizing the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the new life we have in Him.
- The Lord’s Supper is a reminder of Christ’s death and anticipates His Second Coming. We regularly take the Lord’s Supper together to help us remember what Jesus did for us.
- We believe that God has established an eternal Kingdom, which will be fulfilled with the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, His Millennial Reign on earth, and eternal ages with a New Heaven and New Earth.
- We believe in the eternal salvation of the believers and in the eternal damnation and punishment of the nonbelievers.